Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Buffalo Chicken Ramen

Good morning! Last night I made some Buffalo Chicken Ramen. I have been trying to figure out a super easy way to help a friend with her instant Ramen "addiction." She's not really addicted but instant Ramen is very unhealthy. So here is my recipe for a "healthy" version.


Ingredients:
1 box or 2 cans of organic chicken broth
Organic Japanese Ramen noodles
1 tbsp salt
2 tbsp buffalo chicken sauce
1 chicken breast
1 hard boiled egg
Desired veggie choice

Instructions:
Boil your desired serving of Ramen noodles in a pan filled with chicken broth.
In another pan boil your eggs. 

Tip for hard boiling; put your eggs in iced water once finished. Helps you when peeling off the shell.

While doing both of these, grill your chicken. I put a coating of buffalo sauce on my chicken as it grills. 

Be careful it doesn't drip, if you're using a propane grill. I just experienced my grill exploding in my face because some of the holes where covered with grease and possibly BBQ sauce.

Once all these three are completed. Add the salt to the noodles and stir well.

Slice up chicken into bit sizes. Then peel and slice the egg in half (or into bit sizes). Serve desired amount of noodles and broth into a bowl. Top noodles with chicken and egg.

I didn't put any veggies in mine but I may in the future. Most Japanese recipes use onions and a few extra ingredients. I'll post a more official Japanese recipe later, when I have all the ingredients for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment