Monday, July 6, 2015

Lettuce Wrapped Chicken Breast

I'm in the middle of starting a old 'diet' and doing moderate cardio. When I am into these at extreme levels I will cook me a lettuce wrapped chicken breast. Try to keep it simple.

Ingredients:
All ingredient amounts are added per preference. I normally do light on everything, as seen below.

1 grilled and sliced chicken breast
1 pinch of sea salt
1 pinch of fresh ground pepper (optional)
1 pinch of cheese
1/4 of a cucumber
1/4 of a green pepper
Light cucumber ranch

Instructions:
Cook the chicken on an outside grill. Add the pinch of salt and pepper. Clean the discharged fat off the chicken. Finally, slice it along its length, or cut it to your preference.

Slice up your cucumber and pepper.

Lay all the ingredients into a flattened lettuce leaf and add a little of the cucumber ranch. Roll leaf up like a burrito or a tortilla wrap.

Enjoy!

Side Notes:



I normally use romaine lettuce. Our local stores don't always have the best options. Sometimes, romaine just isn't available, so I'll have to improvise with either iceberg lettuce or another available lettuce.

I don't usually use iceberg solely because it doesn't give your body the amount of nutrients that I'd prefer. "The greener the better." Iceberg lettuce is still a better substitute for a tortilla shell.

Also, if you're a type that HAS to have flavored chicken. Give your chicken breast a light rub of RedHot buffalo sauce. It is 0 calories but it is very high in sodium at 19% for every 1 tbsp.

1 comment: