Japanese Pan Noodles are the noodles you can get from one of my favorite noodle restaurants. I haven't made these yet! But when I do I'll post a photo of my success.
Ingredients:
3 cups of hot udon noodles
2 tablespoons veggie oil (or preferred oil)
4 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce or glaze (Yes, it's soy sauce, I just learned about this tid bit.)
2 drops of toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon of black sesame seeds (optional)
1 tablespoon of ginger powder
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro leaves
12 ounces of desired meat (I'll use chicken)
1 cup of broccoli (Now I'm not a big fan of cooked veggies but the recipe calls for 2-3 cups of desired veggies. Such as, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, etc.)
1 cup of spinach
2 tablespoons veggie oil (or preferred oil)
4 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce or glaze (Yes, it's soy sauce, I just learned about this tid bit.)
2 drops of toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon of black sesame seeds (optional)
1 tablespoon of ginger powder
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro leaves
12 ounces of desired meat (I'll use chicken)
1 cup of broccoli (Now I'm not a big fan of cooked veggies but the recipe calls for 2-3 cups of desired veggies. Such as, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, etc.)
1 cup of spinach
Instructions:
First you heat up 1 tbsp of oil in a saute/wok pan. After the oil bubbles turn down the heat to medium and cook your meat to your preference. Place meat to side on a plate
In the same saute/wok pan add another 1 tbsp of oil mixed with the teriyaki sauce/glaze, sesame oil and rice wine vinegar heat up to boil then turn heat down to medium/low. Stir fry your veggie choice and cilantro (exclude the spinach). IE: I prefer my broccoli to be slightly firm.
Now add the garlic and ginger- toss well. I'll use powder but you can use 1 tablespoon of minced ginger and one minced garlic clove.
After a minute add the cooked noodles and meat. Cook everything until noodles appear caramelized. ( I added extra teriyaki to my mix )
Now add the garlic and ginger- toss well. I'll use powder but you can use 1 tablespoon of minced ginger and one minced garlic clove.
After a minute add the cooked noodles and meat. Cook everything until noodles appear caramelized. ( I added extra teriyaki to my mix )
After everything is cooked, pull wok off heat and add spinach. Toss until spinach is softened.
This serves 2-4 people.

No comments:
Post a Comment